LingoBrain – Irish is both a game for Android smartphones and tablets, which helps you learn the vocabulary of the Irish language, as well being an (offline) dictionary with over 7500 words.
• Tests your vocabulary using multiple choice questions. This in itself is a helpful learning aid but the real strength of LingoBrain is that it remembers how often you got which words wrong. Each subsequent time you play the game (even if you shut off you phone/tablet in the meantime) it can maximize your rate of learning by focusing on your weak areas and asking you those questions first that you have had the most trouble with.
• Allows you to create a list of personal “favourite” words. Words that you for whatever reason wish to concentrate on or mark as special. LingoBrain can then let you play a game asking you just these questions (if you wish). Anywhere you see a word in the game you just click on the star to make it yellow, and it will get added to your “favourites” list. Click on the yellow start again and it will be removed from your favourites.
• Contains about 7500 Irish words sorted into 4 difficulty levels: Easy, Middle, Hard and Expert. The 25 most frequently used words in the Irish language are in the Easy level. The next 350 most frequently words in the language in the Middle level, the next 1250 in the level Hard, and the remaining almost 6000 words in the Expert level.
• Contains example sentences in both English and Irish for many of the terms (especially the most frequently used ones). These examples can be shown/hidden by clicking on the word.
• Allows you to search for any word by typing the first few letters in the “filter bar” at the top of the screen. Only words that start with the letters you typed will be shown.
• Contain a high quality Irish-English dictionary with over 7500 words, including example sentences for many of them. (After you initially install the game) this dictionary is always on your phone and will work without you needing to have any internet connection or using up any of your bandwidth. Alone this high quality offline dictionary makes LingoBrain well worth having.
No more need to use flashcards or scribble on vocabulary lists. Let LingoBrain do the organization and keep score for you. Start with the Easy Level and work your way up. Stop after you’ve gotten about 10 questions wrong. Review the correct answers if you wish. Then replay the game and LingoBrain will automatically ask you those questions first you got wrong (most often). Mark any questions as favourites as you play. Every so often, start a game based on Revision (the questions you have gotten wrong most often since installing LingoBrain).
Available now in Google Play Store, where you can try it free.